New! :: 7zX 1.7

Posted on Sunday 2 March 2008

appicon.jpg

7zX 1.7 fully supports Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, and is now up to 30% faster!

Product Page

13 Comments for 'New! :: 7zX 1.7'

Tichenor
    March 3, 2008 | 5:39 am

Broken, on my Dual 2.0 G5. It keeps complaining of a “bus error” when compressing or decompressing. Are old versions available somewhere?

Robert
    March 4, 2008 | 4:31 am

Archiving does not work on my Mac. I can see the archive being created but the archive is deleted once the program has finished.

iMac 2.1ghz, Intel, Tiger 10.4.11

March 4, 2008 | 10:14 am

Tichenor: We are actively trying to resolve that issue. More informations can be found in our forums.

Robert: Could you give us more informations about the file/folder you are trying to compress (name, path, kind, size), and the compression settings you specified in 7zX?

frisch
    March 4, 2008 | 8:09 pm

I cannot open password protected 7z-files with this new version.
    can someone upload the old version?

Robert
    March 5, 2008 | 6:13 am

Here’s what I did: I expanded your DMG into a folder on my Desktop. I then dragged the folder on to the 7zX application icon. For the options, I left it set to the default NORMAL compression and changed nothing else. During compression there is an error but it does not seem to be logged anywhere. I also went into the folder and dragged the contents to 7zX but that didn’t work either. I also attempted to drag a few word documents as well; same result. For kicks I installed the program onto my iBook which runs 10.3.9. Same result. I also tried fooling around with the compression settings but got the same result — archive is not created.

Is the program output logged anywhere so I can view it and possibly send it to you? I just hope that I am using the program correctly. Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks.

March 5, 2008 | 10:20 am

Robert: I am positive that you are using 7zX the way it is supposed to. You are simply most likely expecting the same problem other people are talking about.

frisch: Now that’s most almost impossible. As long as you can decompress non-protected archives, encrypted archives are also going to work.

Olivier Puaud
    March 5, 2008 | 11:45 am

why your soft create an application with my folder?

March 5, 2008 | 12:03 pm

Olivier Puaud: What are you trying to do exactly? Maybe you selected the “Create Self-Extracting Archive” checkbox?

Andreas
    March 6, 2008 | 2:29 am

Not working on my Intel Macbook Tiger 10.4.11 !!! Tried everything but still doesn’t work.

10.
    Sami
    March 10, 2008 | 7:16 pm

7zX 1.7 works quite fine here (PowerBook G4, 10.5.2), but keeps telling me to update to … 7zX 1.7!

11.
    March 11, 2008 | 6:42 pm

Andreas: You should try the alternative version that can be found on the 7zX product page.

Sami: Just found out what was causing that, fixed in 1.7.1 betas. :)

12.
    connor
    April 21, 2008 | 1:46 am

hey was just wondering can i use your software to combine .z01 files like a split archive?

13.
    Greg G
    July 16, 2011 | 8:10 am

I downloaded this application to my Mac (Snow Leopard) and couldn’t keep it installed (I’m not tech savvy, so bear with me) – It doesn’t show up in my Applications, so if I want to use it, I have to go to the DMG in my Download Folder and reinstall it. Anyway, because it seems to disappear and I really don’t need it (I thought I did), I’m OK with being unable to keep it when I install it. Now to the point – ’7zX’ now appears in my Sidebar in Finder under Places and beside a Document icon. It does nothing when I click on it and it doesn’t show up in Preference Settings, so I can’t Uncheck it from my Sidebar. I can’t drag it off the sidebar either. Can you tell me how I can remove the icon and ’7zX ‘ from my Finder sidebar?